Xiaomi Mi 4C

kiriakosk
 Κοινοποίηση

Xiaomi Mi4c first impressions

I loved the look and feel of the Xiaomi Mi4i, but the performance and optimisation issues upset the device as a whole. Is the new Xiaomi Mi4c any better? I go hands on with the latest Xiaomi Mi4c in my first hands on impressions.

The Xiaomi Mi4c launched a few weeks ago and we have already received our review unit from shop.gizchina.com. Physically the phone is very similar to the Xiaomi Mi4i, but it has an updated chipset and also ships with MIUI 7 Beta (or at least our review model did). After a few days with the phone here are my first impressions.

Xiaomi Mi4c first impressions – Design

Physically the new Xiaomi Mi4c and previous Xiaomi Mi4i are almost identical but not quite. Both phones have a 5-inch 1920 x 1080 FHD display and both have the same polycarbonate bodies, but there are a few slight differences.

The new Xiaomi Mi4c ships with a USB Type C plug where as the Mi4i has a standard USB. Another slight difference is the colours of the phones. The Mi4i is a brighter, purer, white colour, and the Mi4i has English markings on the back.

Other than that they both look and feel the same, which is perfect for me. I love the 5-inch form factor of this phone, the soft to the touch finish and the super convenient one handed operation. No matter how accustomed I am to using 5.5-inch+ phones, its always a pleasure to get my hands on a decent 5-inch phone.

For those of you not familiar with either Mi4i or Mi4c here is a quick tour around the exterior of the phone. The front has a 5-inch FHD display with 5 mega-pixel front facing camera.

Xiaomi used a polycarbonate unibody design which keeps the Xiaomi Mi4c slim while retaining a large battery. The white body (other colours are coming soon) has the power and volume rockers located on the right (the same as all Xiaomi devices). There is a 3.5mm headphone jack and IR remote sensor at the top, and USB Type C in the base.

The rear of the Mi4c has a speaker, Mi logo, dual tone LED flash and 13 mega-pixel camera. Xiaomi are using both Sony and Samsung rear sensors on the Mi4c, I’m not sure which my phone has but I’m more than happy with the performance.

Xiaomi Mi4c Impressions – Hardware

While a lot of the Xiaomi Mi4c is the same as the Mi4i there are differences in hardware. That terrible Snapdragon 615 chipset (which has ruined plenty of good phones) has been ripped out and a Snapdragon 808 has been put in its place. The 808 is a 6-core processor with Adreno 418 GPU, and so far runs much better than the SD615.

Xiaomi will eventually release 2 versions of the Mi4c, but so far only the base model is available and this is what I have on review. To confirm this means that my Xiaomi Mi4c has 2GB RAM and 16GB internal memory (another model with 3GB RAM will be launched). If you think 16GB won’t be enough storage for you then you had better wait for the 3GB RAM model which will get 32GB internal memory. Neither version has SD card support, but both offer dual SIM standby.

USB Type C is a change on the Mi4c, but it isn’t the faster 3.0 so no super fast data transfer speeds. There is fast charging though and the large 3080mAh battery can charge to around %40 in an hour.

The Mi4c also has a new “Edge Tap” feature. What it basically does is allow you to tap the edge of the phone to take a photo. It might seem like a gimmick but it is such a neat little feature I find myself using it quite a lot, it’s especially good for selfies. By default only camera support is on, but head in to settings and you can also set up “edge tap” to work like a back button too.

Xiaomi Mi4c Impressions – Performance

I’ve not really had time to play any games on the Xiaomi Mi4c yet, but I can see that the new phone is much better optimised than the previous Mi4i. General day to day performance is blistering, the phone is fast and there is no lag or slow down. What makes the performance even more impressive is that I’m running a Beta of MIUI 7.

There are no crazy over heating issues yet either. Using the phone for general smartphone use can build a little heat, which is to be expected, but we aren’t seeing anything that raises any alarms. I’m so impressed with MIUI 7 that, I’ll be updating the Mi4i to it this weekend too.

Περισσότερα και με εικόνες:

http://www.gizchina.com/2015/10/02/xiaomi-mi4c-first-review/

=========================================================================

Xiaomi Mi 4C vs Nexus 5X Comparison: Guess who wins?

Google announced the LG Nexus 5X handset a couple of days back. After seeing the specifications of the device, we immediately realized that the phone had specs quite similar to Xiaomi’s Mi 4c. Hence, we decided to compare both the devices to see which one comes out as the winner.

One might think the Nexus 5X to be very similar to the Xiaomi Mi 4c, which is true to a certain extent but they have their differences.

BODY & DISPLAY:

If we start from the exterior designs and the displays, the Nexus 5X will have a 5.2 inch Full HD display while that of the Xiaomi 4c is also a Full HD screen but with only a 5 inch size. Dimension wise, the Xiaomi 4c is 7.8mm thick while the Nexus 5X is expected come with a body of around 7.9mm thickness.

Both the devices have very different looks, with Xiaomi aiming for a simple yet elegant design, while LG looking for a soft polycarbonate design much like its predecessor. But both the handsets look quite good. So, we leave it up to you to decide which ones better.

HARDWARE:

In terms of processing hardware, both smartphones are powered by the Qualcomm hexa-core processor Snapdragon 808 with 2GB RAM. The operating systems on both will be Android, Marshmallow version going to the Nexus 5X while the Lollipop version is on the Xiaomi Mi 4c. Like all Nexus devices, you can have a pure Android experience on the 5X. On the other hand, the MIUI 7 on the Mi 4c is also quite feature rich and user friendly.

Both phones come in two models, one having 16GB storage and another version coming with 32GB storage. They are also powered by non-removable Li-Ion batteries but the Nexus 5X will house just 2700 mAh capacity while the Xiaomi Mi 4c will have 3080 mAh battery capacity and boasts quick charging technology QC 2.0.

CAMERA:

A lot of today’s smartphones are being fitted with a 13MP rear camera and 5MP one in the front. The Nexus 5X is going to be fitted with a slightly smaller camera with a resolution of 12.3 MP. However, that doesn’t tell the whole story as the sensor features larger 1.55 microns pixels which should technically be able to capture more light. So, this should translate into better picture quality. The Mi 4c on the other hand will have a regular 13MP camera. Both phones will have a 5MP front facing shooter and are fitted with a dual tone LED flash at the back.

CONNECTIVITY:

On the communication front all the standard LTE, WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity solutions are supported on both phones. However, the Nexus 5X in turn boasts about having a fingerprint sensor and a barometer as exceptional features. The Xiaomi Mi 4c has an FM radio tuner for additional entertainment and an infrared port for supplemental connection but the Nexus 5X supposedly does not support these features.

PRICING:

The Nexus 5X which comes in three cover colors is expected to be sold with a relatively higher price tag of around $380. The Xiaomi Mi 4c which is manufactured with an option of five colors can be bought online for just about $249. That’s a difference of more than $120!

Buy Xiaomi Mi 4C at $249

As you can see, except for the fingerprint sensor on board and the camera (expecting it to be better than the 13MP Mi 4c’s sensor), the Xiaomi Mi 4c can be called as the winner here. With a larger battery, infrared port, MIUI 7 and the pricing advantage, the Mi 4c does seem to be the better choice here.

Let me know which phone do you think is better?

http://www.gizmochina.com/2015/10/01/xiaomi-mi-4c-vs-nexus-5x-comparison-guess-who-wins/

• Απαντήσεις 2,8χιλ.
  • Δημιουργία
  • Τελευταία απάντηση

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Πάντως μου κάνει εντύπωση που λίγο πριν βγει ο πραγματικός διάδοχος του mi4 η xiaomi βγάζει αξιόλογα μικρά αδερφάκια του .

Μπήκε παραγγελία. Για να δούμε εάν ανταπεξέρχεται στο hype ;)

Πάντως μου κάνει εντύπωση που λίγο πριν βγει ο πραγματικός διάδοχος του mi4 η xiaomi βγάζει αξιόλογα μικρά αδερφάκια του .

Προσωπικά μου χει σπάσει τα νεύρα με την καθυστέρηση του mi5 και με τα αδερφάκια του πολύ χειρότερα ( μιας κι αν είναι τόσο καλά τα αδερφάκια σκέψου πως θα είναι η ναυαρχίδα )

Ελπίζω μόνο το 5 να μην το βγάλει στις 5.5" ( βασικά ούτε στις 5.2" το θέλω ) .

Αν το βγάλουν στις 5" με τις μαζεμένες διαστάσεις που συνηθίζουν τότε προβλέπεται να βγει τούμπανο σε μια κατηγορία που τελευταίως έχει παραμεληθει.

Ελπίζω μόνο το 5 να μην το βγάλει στις 5.5" ( βασικά ούτε στις 5.2" το θέλω ) .

Αν το βγάλουν στις 5" με τις μαζεμένες διαστάσεις που συνηθίζουν τότε προβλέπεται να βγει τούμπανο σε μια κατηγορία που τελευταίως έχει παραμεληθει.

Έχουν πει δυστυχώς για 5.2 :p ( το απλό και φημολογείται θα βγει και plus μεγαλύτερο )

Παιδιά ξέρουμε αν υπάρχει σε καμία Ευρωπαϊκή αποθήκη για να μην μπλέκουμε με Κίνα. Τo Jiayu G2s που έχω τα έφαγε τα ψωμιά του και νομίζω ότι αυτο θα είναι μια καλή αναβάθμιση :)

Παιδιά ξέρουμε αν υπάρχει σε καμία Ευρωπαϊκή αποθήκη για να μην μπλέκουμε με Κίνα. Τo Jiayu G2s που έχω τα έφαγε τα ψωμιά του και νομίζω ότι αυτο θα είναι μια καλή αναβάθμιση :)

Υπάρχει προς το παρόν το 2/16GB στην ευρωπαική αποθήκη του vickmall,την άλλη έκδοση δεν την έχω βρει εκτός Κίνας

Ένα preview του edge tap

Xiaomi Mi4c / MIUI / Edge Tap

Το είχε out of stock στην eu warehouse του vickmall μέχρι χθες!!! Προτιμώ το 32άρι αλλ αν είναι να το πάρω σε 2-3 μέρες δεν έχω πρόβλημα και με αυτό. Ευχαριστώ και για την ενημέρωση!!!:)

Το είχε out of stock στην eu warehouse του vickmall μέχρι χθες!!! Προτιμώ το 32άρι αλλ αν είναι να το πάρω σε 2-3 μέρες δεν έχω πρόβλημα και με αυτό. Ευχαριστώ και για την ενημέρωση!!!:)

Τώρα είναι in-stock,εγω θα σου πρότεινα να ρωτήσεις εαν θα το φέρουν και το άλλο μιας και είναι μικρή η χρηματική διαφορά τους για να έχεις ένα επιπλέον 1 gb ram και 16gb rom ( ειδικά η μνήμη μιας και δεν έχει SD )

Στη σελίδα του προϊόντος στην ευρωπαϊκή αποθήκη έχει να τσεκάρεις ένα πεδίο original rom , English only.

Τι στο καλό είναι αυτό?

Edited by vadergr

Στη σελίδα του προϊόντος στην ευρωπαϊκή αποθήκη έχει να τσεκάρεις ένα πεδίο original rom , English only.

Τι στο καλό είναι αυτό?

Αν θες την μαμά ρομ ( κινέζική ) με τις κινεζίες κτλπ μέσα.

Θα βγει Ελληνική σε λίγο οπότε ότι και να επιλέξεις αν θες πλήρη ελληνική υποστήριξη θα περάσεις μόνος την ρομ ( είναι πανεύκολο στη miui )

Αν θες την μαμά ρομ ( κινέζική ) με τις κινεζίες κτλπ μέσα.

Θα βγει Ελληνική σε λίγο οπότε ότι και να επιλέξεις αν θες πλήρη ελληνική υποστήριξη θα περάσεις μόνος την ρομ ( είναι πανεύκολο στη miui )

Αν δεν τα θέλω τα κινέζικα, το πατάω το πεδίο?

Ρε παιδια το κινητο εχει 2100mhz band για 4g που χρησιμοποιουμε στην Ελλαδα η οχι?? αλλου γραφει και αλλου οχι :blink: Εν τελη θα εχουμε κανονικα 4g/LTE η θα υπαρχουν θεματα?

Dalas - Mi-4c

Rom - sMiui

Kernel - Stock

Root SuperSU | TWRP

Ρε παιδια το κινητο εχει 2100mhz band για 4g που χρησιμοποιουμε στην Ελλαδα η οχι?? αλλου γραφει και αλλου οχι :blink: Εν τελη θα εχουμε κανονικα 4g/LTE η θα υπαρχουν θεματα?

Έχει κανονικά την 2100,την 1800 και την 2600 ...την 800άρα δεν έχει και αυτό σημαίνει ότι προς το παρόν με την wind σε μερικά σημεία δεν θα έχεις 4G ( όχι ότι και να την είχες με την wind θα είχες αλλά οκ )

την 800 δεν έχει μόνο

Έχει κανονικά την 2100,την 1800 και την 2600 ...την 800άρα δεν έχει και αυτό σημαίνει ότι προς το παρόν με την wind σε μερικά σημεία δεν θα έχεις 4G ( όχι ότι και να την είχες με την wind θα είχες αλλά οκ )

Ωραίος ευχαριστώ...Το παρήγγειλα ήδη απο vickmall, ελπίζω το in stock που λέει να ισχύει :lol:

Ξέρουμε τι παίζει για 3g/4g/LTE σε vodafone UK στην αγγλία μήπως? Για φίλη που μένει Λονδίνο καθώς έψαξα και λεει οτι χρησιμοποιει την 800 και την 2600..Πρακτικά χωρις την 800 τι σημαίνει?

Dalas - Mi-4c

Rom - sMiui

Kernel - Stock

Root SuperSU | TWRP

Πρέπει να δεις σε τι Bands παιζει η Vodafone στο UK. Νομίζω δεν παίζει στην 800, άρα δεν θα έχει πρόβλημα σε 4G. Άς το δεις όμως να είσαι σίγουρος.

Η selina μου είπε ότι θα φέρουν το 32άρι στην ευρωπαική αποθήκη τους σε 1-2 εβδομάδες. Μάλλον το πέρνω απο Κίνα:).

Από ότι καταλάβαίνω μάλλον περιμένουν πτώση της τιμής σε 1-2 εβδομάδες

"yes,but not now ,maybe need wait 1-2weeks ,because the price is so high now"

"the price is $289.99,there have no coupon,because the price is high now"

Edited by makis86

ερώτηση ειδική και γενική ταυτόχρονα

έστω ότι έχω 2 sim και έχω πχ. viber… πως καταλαβαίνει το πρόγραμμα (πχ viber) σε πιο νούμερο ανήκει ? μπορώ να έχω ταυτόχρονα και στα 2 νούμερα viber ή μπα ?